Tuesday, December 21, 2010

RSS feeds

Well, I have to confess, before this, I never knew what RSS feeds were. I knew they existed, but I never took any notice of them. I've seen them around on numerous websites, a bit like seeing someone you vaguely know at parties, but never thought to investigate any further, also a bit like seeing someone you vaguely know at parties!

I can see the point in subscribing to your favourite websites but I'm really not wasting that much time searching for new news. I barely use the internet at all, unless it's work related or facebook. It's interesting to know that you can do this, but it's not something that I would use, outside of this course. But then again, I am a bit of a techno-phobe...

8 comments:

  1. Yes I would not waste my time either, Iam a bit of a techno-phobe also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had never seen the little orange thing before:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a techno-phobe at all, and I'm still not that interested in RSS. In fact, I don't think I'm interested in anything enough to have it sent to me all the time. LOL.

    In any case, social networking sites generally have an "email me" option so that you get sent a notice when someone writes to / pokes / mentions you, so it's not that hard to keep up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Then your mailbox gets full and people ring and say 'I have been trying to send you something and it is bouncing'. Try telling me while you are on the phone complaining about not being able to email me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I made the mistake of taking some RSS feeds that were so overwelming you would have needed to be watching fulltime. Good thing there is the unscribe botton.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a little thing that tells me at the bottom of my web-page if I have any new feeds in my Google Reader - that way I only really need to look at it occaisonally. So that works for me. But it only works in Firefox as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. same...I'd never heard of rss feeds before this training.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting to be less of a techno phobe!!!

    ReplyDelete